Friday, November 10, 2006

call stinks

It's a necessary evil of my husband's job, but I still say that overnight call just stinks. I know many people's husbands travel frequently or are away in the military, and I'd deal with those situations if I had to. But it never seems to fail that at least one of the kids has problems in the night when he's away. In fact, this is supposed to be Friday's post. I was interrupted last night at 10pm with Claire calling for me-she was barely hanging on to the edge of her bed...about to hit the floor. I got her tucked back in when Blaine started crying. He'd fallen asleep super early on the sofa and I transferred him to his bed around 7:30. I was right in the middle of feeding the baby so I put her down in her bed crying for more milk, closed up around the house, and plopped Blaine in my bed. He snuggled happily while I finished feeding the baby, but when I layed her down to sleep he couldn't settle down to sleep. Nothing a little Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin couldn't fix. He finally settled down and fell asleep diagonally across the bed and stayed there until 7:15 this morning. If only the baby could sleep so long...

Jeff comes home today and the house is well...not so pretty. So off I go to do some quick cleaning up. On a better note-He's off tomorrow all day!!

UPDATE: Yes I did read over this post, after I published it. I do realize there are far too many he's and him's and settle downs and go to sleeps, etc. You see I was just so tired when I wrote this. And even though it says I posted this on Friday, I didn't actually publish it until Saturday...

No comments: